"The Reunion" - a novella by Kristina McMorris
Virginia Collier discovered her calling at the height of WWII as a member of the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP), an adventurous job that led to close friendships and even a whirlwind romance. But then a devastating tragedy changed everything. A year later, in the fresh wake of the Allies' victory, she at last musters the courage to board a train bound for a confrontation with her past. Yet with every passing mile, the temptation grows to forgo her destination and keep harbored her haunting secret.
About the Anthology
On any particular day, thousands upon thousands of people pass through New York City's Grand Central Terminal, through the whispering gallery, beneath the ceiling of stars, and past the information booth and its beckoning four-faced clock, to whatever destination is calling them. It is a place where people come to say hello and good-bye. And each person has a story to tell.
Now, ten bestselling authors inspired by this iconic landmark have created their own stories, set on the same day, just after the end of World War II, in a time of hope, uncertainty, change, and renewal...
Featuring stories from...
- Melanie Benjamin, New York Times bestselling author of The Aviator’s Wife
- Jenna Blum, New York Times bestselling author of Those Who Save Us
- Amanda Hodgkinson, New York Times bestselling author of 22 Britannia Road
- Pam Jenoff, bestselling author of The Ambassador’s Daughter
- Sarah Jio, New York Times bestselling author of Blackberry Winter
- Sarah McCoy, New York Times bestselling author of The Baker’s Daughter
- Kristina McMorris, New York Times bestselling author of The Pieces We Keep
- Alyson Richman, bestselling author of The Lost Wife
- Erika Robuck, bestselling author of Call Me Zelda
- Karen White, New York Times bestselling author of The Sound of Glass